Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale’s marketing team, you’ll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You’ll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale’s brand.
As part of our creative team, you’ll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale’s is your destination for amazing opportunities.
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. Bloomingdale’s Customer Insights Department’s mission is to interpret a rapidly changing environment and translate insights into actions that help drive Bloomingdale’s short and long-term business strategies. The Customer Insights Analyst is plays an integral role in this mission and requires an entrepreneurial, creative problem solver who has a fundamental curiosity about the customer and experience using insights to make an impact. This person will play a key role in supporting and leading key customer research projects. The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure, have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong organizational skills & the ability to partner with multiple teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Partner with internal merchant, store, and COM teams on customer research projects that inform and guide their daily decision-making and longer-term strategies.
- Leverage Power BI, internal customer dashboards, and syndicated research tools to independently manage and conduct data analyses.
- Manage primary customer research initiatives:
- Design and field surveys that align with key business objectives
- Support and lead one-on-one qualitative customer research projects, from in-person focus groups to online discussion groups
- Provide in-depth analyses of key research findings
- Create compelling PowerPoint presentations that stand out and illustrate the customer story, synthesizing insights from a variety of sources (customer research, internal data, macro trends, and the like)
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-4 years of relevant market research and/or data analytics experience (either client or vendor side); specific experience in retail is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in fostering a collaborative work environment and building meaningful relationships.
- Able to translate research findings and data analysis into actionable insights and strategies.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Experience working with a broad range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies (surveys, online communities and panels, ethnographies).
- Ability to manage projects and prioritize next steps with diverse peer and senior teams.
- Strong data analysis and data visualization skills.
- Problem solving skills with ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
- May be a need to move or lift items under 20 pounds.
- Proven ability to create compelling PowerPoint presentations, utilizing story-telling and creative design skills.
- Strong curiosity about what motivates customers and how to apply these insights to our day-to-day business.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and creating processes in complex environments to drive customer centric thinking.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.