Use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics as you exercise your investigative skills on our asset protection team. With leadership committed to developing teams and building leaders, you’ll have great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
The responsibility of the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Manager (AP/LPM) is to support their assigned stores business plan and the direction of Corporate Asset Protection / Loss Prevention by providing leadership, expertise, and training to their assigned store for the reduction of inventory shortage and controllable losses. To be successful the AP/LPM must consistently demonstrate the following core competencies.
• Leadership - managing and communicating the overall AP/LP effort and shortage reduction within store; develop and execute AP/LP plans and shortage programs.
• Supervision and Development - administering and enforcing the policies and standards of the company, recruitment and hiring of asset protection / loss prevention associates, staff, training, development of staff on core responsibilities; job performance counseling; leading process of shortage plans and ensuring they are actionable, measurable, and impact the shortage bottom line.
• Developing Partnerships - developing an open line of communication with both AP/LP and store associates, central and corporate executives; build positive business relationships
• Administration & Technical Skills - developing and implementing store shortage plans; responsible for all internal investigations and external case management; testify in civil and criminal court proceedings, maintaining and adhering to payroll, expense and capital budgets; effectively handle multiple tasks and projects.
• Network with local law enforcement, mall management and legal council.
• Provide a safe environment for customers and associates.
• 4-year degree preferred
• At least 3 to 5 years experience in asset protection / loss prevention
• Excellent communication skills - ability to identify and communicate site-specific ideas and programs
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong interpersonal skills; good follow-up skills
• Working knowledge of the physical security aspects of the job including alarms, EAS, CCTV, and lock and key
• Ability to make solid business decisions, make recommendations and implement necessary changes
• Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
• Must be a team player
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.