Use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics as you exercise your investigative skills on our asset protection team. With leadership committed to developing teams and building leaders, you’ll have great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
The responsibility of the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Supervisor is to support their assigned stores business plan and the direction of Corporate by providing leadership, expertise, and training to their assigned store for the reduction of inventory shortage and controllable losses. This includes deterring losses attributed to external, internal theft through observation, apprehension, and, when directed prosecution. The AP/LP Supervisor is charged with maintaining a high degree of professionalism.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
- Identify, observe, and apprehend individual(s) for committing external theft(s), which include shoplifting, ticket switching, refund fraud, and credit card fraud, etc.
- Understands and follows the 6-step apprehension guideline set forth by the Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Department for the apprehension of shoplifters.
- Work surveillance on the sales floor requiring a focused attention to detail to identify potential external and internal theft opportunities.
- Handle volatile and potentially dangerous situations in the execution of an apprehension.
- Ability and comfort to effectively perform apprehensions while working alone.
- Knowledgeable on state laws and statutes as related to the criminal activity and apprehensions (all external theft case types).
- Represents Bloomingdale's to law enforcement and to the courts during prosecution.
- Understanding of operation and monitor the stores CCTV system, and floor surveillance techniques.
- Maintain a safe work environment and respond and handle volatile situations.
- Responsible for assisting in the safe evacuation of building in cases of emergency, such as flood, fire, or natural disaster.
- Partners with stores team in the development and execution of shortage plans and awareness programs.
- Effectively handle multiple tasks and projects through completion while demonstrating the ability to communicate findings accurately.
- Strong written and verbal skills to prepare case paperwork and testifying in court proceedings as a representative of Bloomingdale's
- Strong investigative skills. Ability to make decisions and problem-solving
- Satisfy all licensing requirements (as required by state or local jurisdiction).
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Previous experience in retail Asset Protection / Loss Prevention preferred
- 4 year College degree
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.