If you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
Enter the world of upscale and designer merchandise by joining our team of Bloomingdale's Client Specialists. We provide our clients with a luxury shopping experience from first point of contact, whether that is by telephone, online, through email, or live chat.
Your exceptional customer service and product knowledge makes you credible as you engage with an upscale client base. What makes you successful is your ease of conversation, building relationships and connecting with others. What excites you is a fast paced environment where you are expected to be creative and think outside of the box. Our top performers are goal oriented and can balance multiple priorities in a fast paced environment and most importantly truly have fun at work.
This position pays a weekly base salary. There is opportunity to earn up to an additional $3.50 per hour incentive pay, plus an additional $1 per hour premium pay for all hours worked on weekends and after 6pm on weekdays.
- Provide exceptional personalized selling and service to Bloomingdale’s clients via phone, e-mail and/or live chat.
- Exercise judgment to resolve customer issues on the first call.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the client is always the priority
- Build and cultivate relationships with clients through personal interaction
- Develop expert product knowledge, understand program features and benefits, and share with clients
- Utilize independent decision-making skills to assist clients.
- Develop repeat-business through knowledge of products and services to build sales and loyalty
- Utilize all tools and decision making to fully resolve complex issues
- Assist with macys.com overflow calls as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a related customer service or call center role (i.e. in a role that requires resolving issues, diffusing tense situations, solving complex issues etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form
- Solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Regularly required to walk, stand, hear, and talk
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Requires close vision
- Ability to take ownership of, anticipate, and resolve customer complaints
- Ability to adapt communication to engage the customer and personalize the experience to the situation and customer
- Ability to independently resolve complex and/or escalated situations
- Ability to be creative and innovative, providing viable options to customers
- Attention to detail; excellent organizational skills
- Computer navigation and keyboarding skills
- Extensive knowledge of retail brands and services preferred
- Previous experience in an elevated role preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additionally, Macy's, Inc. - Including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.