Posted Dec 29, 2018
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's LLC - 919 3rd
Corporate » Buying/Merchandising
Have a sense for fashion? Have an eye for trends and products? Put it to work by identifying and sourcing products perfect for each store. Create collections that our customers crave.
The Concessions/Business Manager will report to the SVP Concessions and will be responsible for supporting the ongoing legal and financial needs of the Concessions/ Leases businesses. Under the guidance of the SVP Concessions, the Business Manager will participate in and manage the drafting process for new agreements, amendments and documents. The Business manager will maintain all boilerplate forms and records in conjunction with colleagues. The Business Manager will serve as a first-level contact for contractual questions and assessments, satisfying early-stage inquiries and working with the Law Department to make recommendations to management. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in the approval of initial drafts of all documents, including Department License Agreements, amendments, and notification letters required under the contract such as store/shop closures, temporary terms changes and Pop Up shops for Fashion.
• Participate in contract review with Business and Law partners from Lease and Vendor teams, including partnering with cross-functional partners (i.e., Accounting Services, Tax, Treasury, Risk, Privacy and Real Estate) to confirm appropriate contract terms and ensure timely completion.
• Act as first-level contact for contractual questions and issues, conducting preliminary and fact-finding communications to satisfy inquiries or provide management with recommendations for action, and escalate those that require additional expertise.
• Establish and maintain boilerplate documents for all types of Lease agreements and related documents. Share documents with internal partners as requested.
• Maintain records and provide teams with appropriate advance notice to take actions required by contracts.
• Manage electronic and paper records.
• Lead contact on all charges related to all accounting functions/monthly statements.
• Other related tasks as required.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s and/or Paralegal Degree
• 2+ years related business experience
• Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with senior management and representatives of external companies
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Outstanding communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to simplify complex challenges and manage through ambiguity
• Advanced MS Word proficiency
• Results-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Ability to glean and synthesize information from a variety of sources
• Proven ability to influence others, collaborate with cross-functional groups, delivering results with a very diverse group of contributors
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.