Posted Apr 12, 2019
Chevy Chase, MD
Bloomingdale's - Chevy Chase
Stores » Store Management
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
People readiness: Delivers available, informed and elevated sellers
• Utilize staffing hours through proactive management of open jobs, open shifts, and associate attendance
• Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude
• Effectively communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure associates are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions
• Ensure associates exhibit fashion leadership by offering product knowledge seminars, partnering with vendors, ensuring certification completion, and committing to ongoing education.
• Lead and educate relationship selling, building a client book and driving outreach to maximize business.
Staff Onboarding and performance development: Delivers plan through a skilled and prepared team
• Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding
• Actively own associate development after onboarding, including follow up on skill building roadmap, mentor assignment and developmental courses.
• Use Professional Development Review content to establish and communicate clear expectations for selling/support behaviors and for empowered and self-driven business ownership
• Consistently coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback. Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
Floor readiness: Delivers a brand right shopping environment
• Lead and own execution of merchandising, partnering with VMM (and MM where in place) as the owner of overall merchandising direction. Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, signing are completed.
• Maintain Bloomingdale’s visual merchandising standards by ensuring staff proactively owns floor recovery
• Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures.
Customer readiness: Ensures an Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun experience
• Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times
• Interact with customers throughout store managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback.
• Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; deliver Omni channel competency by optimizing use of tools and following standard procedures
• Provide daily oversight of fulfillment process, track metrics throughout the day to ensure optimum fill rate.
Leadership Team Commitment: Contributes to store experience
• Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader. Provide visible store oversight when functioning as a “Manager on Duty.”
• Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement.
Business Ownership: Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
• Is conversant about the business and understands department trends vs. plan and LY
• Know what brands and categories are selling via floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers
• Champion Loyallist program to deliver strong acquisition and retention of customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Self-Starter, able to work independently and as part of a team.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• It also involves stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven ability to build strategic alliances/relationships.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.