Posted Jan 10, 2019
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Soho
Stores » Store Management
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse team, balancing creativity with commerce to execute in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. The Customer Experience Manager drives sales, service and loyalty through their Customer Service Expediters to deliver the plan. Highly interactive with both associates and customers, the Customer Experience Manager is responsible for the daily management of key customer touch points including b.helpful, BOPs, store entrances and high traffic locations. In addition, is responsible for supporting merchandising and fulfillment duties by assigning Service Expediters as appropriate based on store traffic and workload. Responsibilities include the development and oversight of a quality customer service experience and effective execution of foundational tasks and processes. The Customer Experience Manager is highly present and involved on the selling floor to redeploy Customer Service Expediters and keep the team moving in response to customer activity, consistently driving productivity and performance. Perform other duties as assigned.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
• Deliver friendly, available, and informed Customer Service Expediters (CSEs)
• Utilize staffing hours through proactive management of open jobs/open shifts/attendance
• Require professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill, and attitude
• Communicate business-driving and procedural information to ensure Service Expediters are knowledgeable about promotions and confident in customer interactions
• Ensure Service Expediters have a solid understanding of product location and exhibit the product knowledge required to appropriately guide and sell to the customer
• Deliver a brand right and floor ready shopping environment
• Ensure that CSEs are productive with assigned floor duties when not covering the b.helpful or BOPs service desks, or acting as a Customer Host, including merchandising/ recovering/ filling-in floor/completing fulfillment picks and supporting the fitting room experience
• Support the execution of merchandising, partnering with VMM/MM to determine where help is needed and deploying any available resources after store opening
• Ensure adherence to asset protection, inventory control, and compliance procedures
• Hold the team accountable for delivering an approachable, energetic, style conscious and fun shopping experience through merchandise presentation and accessible, efficient service
• Interact with customers managing traffic/addressing issues/seeking feedback
• Actively support total store priorities and establish self as an available and engaged leader. Provides visible store oversight when functioning as a “Manager on Duty.”
• Share responsibility and ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement
Driven by our Desire to Win
• Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
• Listen to and understand customer requests trends
• Know what brands and categories are selling vs. non-selling through on the floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers
• Strategize business plans, stock management, and operation processes to maximize opportunities to achieve plan.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
• Execute staff onboarding and post onboarding performance development
• Deliver plan through a skilled and prepared team
• Ensure new hires complete all required orientation and onboarding
• Own associate development after onboarding, ensuring the Expediter understands how tasks should be completed and utilizes best practices to maximize productivity
• Communicate clear expectations for service/selling/support behaviors
• Coach by providing on-going, balanced performance feedback
• Use formal touch points and tools to recognize, reinforce and develop strong skills.
• Observe, coach and role model customer-centric selling behaviors at all times to drive the consistency and quality of interactions at the b.helpful and BOPs service desks.
• Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience; deliver omnichannel competency by optimizing use of tools/following standard procedures
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• 4 year college degree preferred
• 3 years of leadership/managerial experience, preferably within Retail or Fashion
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Able to use a calculator
• Requires ability to manage people, resources and workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction to drive business outcomes
• Able to work as part of a team
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to build cross functional relationships across the organization
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.