Posted Dec 13, 2018
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Merchant Ofc
Corporate » Marketing
Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale’s marketing team, you’ll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You’ll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale’s brand. As part of our creative team, you’ll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale’s is your destination for amazing opportunities.
The Digital Production Designer will assist Designers and Art Directors on execution of design concepts for a wide variety of interactive projects. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of information architecture and user centered design principles. You will incorporate graphic elements and typography into our images for special promotions, following best practices in production and mobile-first design. The ability to edit, optimize and output final web-ready digital artwork for brand emails and our website is essential as the Digital Production Designer will perform needed modifications and assemble, create and build on various digital projects in accordance with job specifications. The Digital Production Designer will take on smaller creative projects and create HTML files for our online direct marketing communications. The ideal candidate must be creative and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Perform other duties as necessary.
• Execute, build and prep files for release to our email-marketing and web platforms; this includes weekly emails, homepages (desktop and mobile) and seasonal marketing projects.
• Help develop and manage photography and creative assets database, organizing photo and design assets, archiving and maintaining of past projects.
• Work with the wider creative team to develop processes that promote quality and manage workload effectively, recommending more efficient, time saving methods when applicable.
• Collaborate with the Creative team to ensure creative intent. Proactively solve production/creative related issues
• Pull swipe and assist in constructing creative presentations.
• Assist in the creation of visual aspects of marketing materials including emails, banners, landing pages. Ability to create animation sequences, edit videos, motion graphics.
• Ability to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work, taking ownership and following up on projects through to completion.
• A keen eye for detail and consistency.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 1-2+ years of experience in Design related field or equivalent experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Strong problem solving skills including the ability to source code problems when they arise in a calm and clear manner and recommend solutions.
• Must be able to work autonomously and remain flexible to changing priorities.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Expert of Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge and use of Motion Graphics and After Effects; video editing experience for web platform.
• Digital portfolio that shows strong examples of production support to Art Directors and Designers in an in-house creative team or studio
• Proficient in Dreamweaver and strong understanding of HTML
• Excellent organization and file management skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.