Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
The Division Sales Manager is a Senior Manager whose Leadership presence parallels that of the General Manager.
• The DSM directly manages a team of Sales Managers who in turn, manage business areas that span multiple Families of Business.
• The DSM demonstrates the high level capability and broad scale capacity to devise long term strategic plans collaboratively and to execute those plans urgently and thoughtfully. Of particular importance:
- Development of a sizable, promotable bench of managers to future leadership positions.
- Identification and exploitation of emerging business trends, while freely incorporating senior regional and senior central partners.
- Executes business priorities in close partnership with the General Manager and with other senior peers: Assistant Store Manager of Operations and Human Resources Manager.
It is the responsibility of the Division Sales Manager to achieve the sales plan by driving four critical business components:
Develop the Executive Leadership Team:
The Division Sales Manager is responsible for developing the leadership and business management skills of the executives who report to him/her. The DSM must ensure that the SM/SMT is driving the business through their people. The DSM should provide oversight to ensure the development of interpersonal skills, fashion/product knowledge, selling skills, and relationship selling skills at both the staff and junior executive levels. The DSM is responsible for creating a culture of coaching and for setting the expectation that Selling is the #1 Mission and the Customer is the #1 Priority.
Cultivate the team:
The role of the Division Sales Manager fields a team with demonstrated ability to acquire and develop Sales and Service Professionals who exemplify the brand in their interpersonal skills, knowledge of fashion and pop culture, and are able to leverage these skills, to sell effectively to different types of customers. Yield associates who feel empowered to take care of the customer.
Impress the Customer:
Division Sales Managers are responsible for leading, supporting, and inspiring their SMs as well as their sales direct reports each and every day to provide an outstanding service experience for their customers, one that results in the customer saying, “Yes, I would definitely recommend Bloomingdale’s.” This customer experience will be created through consistent management of both quantity and quality of resources:
• Proactive management of staffing ownership and staffing coverage to appropriately address the needs of the customer
• Leadership, practice, and reinforcement of selling and relationship building skills (Connect, Discover, Respond, Invite, Appreciate)
Sell the product:
Division Sales Managers are responsible for achieving the sales plan by driving individual seller performances, understanding the merchandise trends of their business, and managing the execution of selling standards, processes, and the adoption of selling tools and technology.
• Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree preferred
• Integrated communications experience
• Experienced in role of influence, gaining commitment across the enterprise.
• Ability to set direction and inspires
• Communicates clear and specific expectations. Creates STRUCTURE.
• Listens actively for understanding of the team; refrains from dominating the conversation.
• Inserts self intentionally into teachable moments and providing guidance.
• Teaches shows and role models expectation; Works side by side to ensure comfort, understanding and confidence. Gives candid, direct and timely feedback; tells it “like it is”. Builds TRUST.
• Stays INVOLVED.
• Appreciates hard work…Recognizes progress and celebrates achievement. Keeps circling back to check for progress and growth in order to increase engagement. Uses repetition to reinforce priorities. CHAMPIONS progress.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.