Posted Jan 3, 2019
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's Direct NY
Technology » Software Engineering and Technology
Do you like to get things done? Do you enjoy coding and developing software? As part of software engineering and technology team, you’ll design, test and develop software applications that’ll help push forward the retail industry.
The E-Commerce Junior Merchandiser (EJM) is responsible for optimizing our website merchandising and navigation through their understanding of merchandise in their respective area and translating that to accurate product detail pages with consistent product attribution to provide the best customer experience. The EJM will support online business initiatives and merchandising strategies to increase sales and site conversion. This position reports to the Senior Assistant Merchandise Manager and covers one or more families of business (such as: Ready-to-Wear, Shoes, Handbags, etc.). The position has a defined career path within the team, leading to more responsibility, analysis, and ownership of larger product categories within Site Merchandising, and the oversight of our online shopping experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Partner with buying and creative teams to ensure product page set-up aligns with strategic intent by maintaining and updating site standards of page creation.
• Review the provided styling direction, requested photography and features and benefits of new products to ensure that customers receive the most accurate depiction of our products to make an informed purchase.
• Create and maintain product style guides in collaboration with Assistant Merchandise Manager to navigate new products into site categories, based on product attributes and known customer shopping behaviors.
• Responsible for accurate product attribution and the relevance of attributes to the overall product assortment and site navigation.
• Conduct regular on-site testing for accurate product navigation and proactively identify and correct issues that surface.
• Track products featured in marketing exposures to ensure availability for purchase.
• Responsible for maintenance of product navigation, as necessary
• Curate and sequence categories as needed.
• Attend weekly meetings with Buying and Planning teams to review site performance and merchandising opportunities.
• Maintain awareness of competitive landscape and identify trends in the marketplace to make recommendations for site updates.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Clear written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and must have strong analytical skills.
• Able to multitask, adapt to fluctuating workload, while prioritizing effectively to meet deadlines.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a quick learner.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Computer proficiency with intermediate to advanced Excel skills, working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
• Self-starter who is able work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to collaborate with all business partners across the organization
• Self-motivated with a curiosity and desire to learn more
• Retail experience or an internship within E-commerce a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.