Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
The Department Manager drives sales, service, loyalty and high value client relationships through their Sales Professionals to deliver the plan. The Department Manager is responsible for providing specific guidance and development to their Sales Professionals, strategic eventing, and managing their stock by responding to market and fashion trends. Highly visible on the selling floor, the DM ensures the customer experience is the number one priority and empowers associates to provide seamless service.
People readiness: Delivers available, informed and elevated sellers. Target 15/20+ direct reports.
• Guarantee proactive management of associate attendance/coverage (95% HUR)
• Require NPS professional readiness of staff in appearance, skill and attitude
• Consistently use rallies/department meetings to communicate business driving and procedural information
Floor readiness: Requires and delivers a customer experience ready environment
• Maintain Bloomingdale’s visual and merchandising selling floor and NPS standards
• Own staff recovery/maintenance activities and leveraging of operational partners
Customer readiness: Consistently ensures an Easy, Fashionable, Personal, Fun experience
• Observe, coach and role model customer centric selling behaviors on floor, in fitting rooms, in stock areas
• Require and champion use of technology 100% of the time
• Interact with customers (beyond area of responsibility when necessary) being a champion for Loyalist, managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback on shopping experience
• Optimize Omnichannel selling tools: tablet look books, store to door, Pick at POS, b-connected, MPOS, etc
• Educate/require associates to elevate client experience by building relationships when warranted and leveraging all store services
Staff Onboarding and performance development: Delivers plan through a skilled and prepared team
• Ensure new hires complete orientation/on-boarding education requirements
• Actively own associate development post on-boarding, including follow up developmental courses, Roadmaps and mentor assignment
• Consistently coach: Daily PDR report, bi-weekly touchbases during the 60/90 day probationary period, weekly associate goal tracking tool usage, on-going balanced feedback, formal monthly Progressive Coaching, seasonal PDR review and RBP as needed.
• Use PDR content communicate and establish clear standards/expectations for selling/support behaviors and empowered/self-driven business ownership
Leadership Team Commitment: Contributes to store experience
• Establish self through active participation as the department leader in supporting total store priorities
• Share ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement
• Aware of competition, recruit and hire a team that the customer considers to be best in market
Business Ownership: Validates effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
• Understand department’s business trend vs. Plan/LY by using Branch Department Class w/ Gross Returns report and New Application Report
• Know what brands and categories are selling vs. non-selling through on the floor observation and ground intelligence from sales professionals and customers
• Strategize business plans, including eventing and stock management, to maximize opportunites to achieve plan
• 4 Year College Degree Preferred
• 3 Years of Leadership / Managerial Experience
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.