Posted Apr 17, 2019
Palo Alto, CA
Bloomingdale's - Stanford
Corporate » Human Resources
At Bloomingdale’s our associates are our number one differentiator. It is an exciting time to be part of the Human Resources team, as we develop and manage programs to support our business goals. Our team provides guidance and support to our client groups, while creating a culture that values career development, succession planning, coaching and retention.
The Bloomingdale’s team is seeking a Talent Acquisition Manager with responsibility for the recruitment of our Stores’ Executive teams. This Talent Acquisition Manager will work with their business partners to drive strategies that effectively source, attract and introduce top talent to Bloomingdale’s. They will foster a collaborative team environment, a strong service oriented culture and ensure delivery of an efficient, quality driven process to internal both internal clients and external candidates. We are looking for a team member who has an exceptional track record at candidate generation and client care. The ideal candidate will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and Stores’ Executive positions, forging dynamic relationships with hiring managers and HR business partners. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Create, implement and execute successful recruiting strategies to fill roles within stores’ management positions.
• Partner with hiring teams as talent advisor to build effective sourcing, interviewing, assessment, and closing approaches.
• Conduct intake meetings with hiring managers to understand requirements of roles being recruited for and specific business needs.
• Effectively manage internal customer /partner expectations and deliver elevated candidate experience.
• Manage candidate development and flow for all searches. Determine candidate qualifications through phone and in person interviews for fit and future potential. Schedule candidate interviews and follow.
• Work to proactively source top talent. (I.e. build pipeline, market industry research, posting on job boards, college relations, and identify alternative resources).
• Manage external recruiting agency relations for both full time and temporary staffing.
• Identify and implement recruitment strategies that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company talent pipeline, improving standard processes for recruiting that aligns with Bloomingdale’s mission to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
• Ensure accuracy in company reporting tools such as open positions and active candidate slate
• Build strong partnership with HR team members, and business leaders.
• Implement strategies to identify qualified and ensure.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of corporate and or search firm recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
• Experience working with director and VP level customers
• MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Taleo , Avature and LinkedIn Recruiter
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships.
• Possess keen eye to assess design and aesthetic taste level
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity in a collaborative team environment.
• Must have experience interacting with senior management.
• Desire to continually elevate the bar on candidate experience and hiring manager satisfaction.
• Must have a recruitment mindset with an emphasis on building relationships and a bench for Macy’s.
• Must have a sense of urgency and be self-motivated.
• Must have experience using recruitment technology (ATS and CRM tools) for the purpose of sourcing and managing candidates.
• Current or previous experience recruiting for management positions highly preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.