Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
Directs all activities related to merchandise flow, store maintenance, expense management, shortage prevention and store sales support functions for a significant portion of the total stores volume. Assumes Store Manager responsibilities in their absence.
- Direct all functions related to in-store merchandise assortments
- Support implementation of merchandise presentation
- Plan and coordinate major floor moves/renovations
- Evaluate all expenses in relation to store's P & L plan.
- Responsible for delivering profit plan through payroll/non-payroll management
- Develop and lead shortage strategy
- Ensure best floor coverage to achieve service plans through evaluation of staffing plans
- Ensure all service support areas operate at high standards to achieve best shopping experience
- Maintain collaborative partnerships and negotiate effectively with internal colleagues
- Train, motivate and develop team to ensure effective performance through consistent on-the-job training
- Participate in skill assessment process and develop individual executive performance objectives challenging direct reports to reach optimum performance level
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for direct reports
- A minimum of 5-7 years retail management experience preferably in a full-line department store
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong leadership profile
- Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.