Manage a multi-million dollar business and make critical decisions that maximize sales and margin every day as part of our merchandise planning team. With responsibilities for both brick-and-mortar stores and e-commerce and our omnichannel single view of inventory (SVI), you’ll take an innovative and holistic approach to planning.
The Omni Planner develops financial plans and forecasts that align to the merchandise strategy in order to maximize sales and profit. The Omni Planner will ensure that the financial strategy supports national and localized assortments by store with appropriate receipt and inventory level. The Omni Planner is responsible for using analytics to make customer centric business driving decisions to achieve sales, margin and turn across both channels (stores and online) and must ensure inventory is placed closest to the demand source. The Omni Planner will manage location inventory levels and driving replenishment to achieve sales, inventory and profitability for total family of business. The Omni Planner will lead an engaged workforce by simplifying work, driving standardization and ensuring empowerment of employees.
- Execute pre-season financial planning activities, including creation of all department and vendor plans, VMT's and daily sales and forecast plans.
- Ensure that each channel is planned and managed at appropriate growth rates and inventory is allocated at source of demand.
- Propose omnichannel assortment and inventory optimization initiatives for area of business.
- Provide the buyer with analytics to support assortment decisions by channel and location.
- Oversee and guide insight and analytics to merchants on strategies to drive opportunities and minimize risk by vendor.
- Ensure vendor plans appropriately reflect sales and margin opportunities.
- Provide analytics and guardrails to buyer for assortment decisions made in market.
- Attend vendor meetings that relate to the planning function in order to negotiate location/ strategy plans. Advocate for location distribution of brands, items and expanded replenishment offering.
- Perform quarterly hindsight analysis.
- Create pre-season daily sales plan by department and channel based on marketing calendar, holiday shifts, markdown and promotion cadence.
- Allocate orders.
- Where appropriate, determine the fixture plans and capacities by door, by brand and manage inventory levels to fulfill need. Balance fixture needs with business needs.
- Forecast daily sales and stocks by channel and location to support the ROF process.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be highly analytical and strategic
Demonstrated skill at balancing multiple projects and making good decisions regarding prioritization
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.