Posted Apr 18, 2019
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Merchant Ofc
Corporate » Marketing
Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale’s marketing team, you’ll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You’ll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale’s brand. As part of our creative team, you’ll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale’s is your destination for amazing opportunities.
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. The Loyalty and Credit Acquisition Planner is responsible for growing the impact of the Bloomingdale’s Loyallist Program through acquiring new members and credit card holders. This position will offer exciting challenges as the Loyallist Program continues to grow and evolve. The ideal candidate must have strong analytical skills. The Acquisition Planner will need to generate and synthesize numerous reports in order to draw insights regarding acquisition performance across Bloomingdale’s, identifying areas of strength and opportunity. This role will also be responsible for creating seasonal, monthly, and daily acquisition plans/goals by location across channels (department stores, outlets, and online). Strong relationship management skills are crucial to success in this role, as the individual will need to work with both internal and external partners. The Acquisition Planner is also responsible for managing Bloomingdale’s Gift Card inventory across all channels and reporting on Gift Card key performance indicators during peak periods. The ideal candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking and managing changing priorities and is proactive, curious, and willing to roll up their sleeves to pitch in and get the job done.
• Develop and communicate acquisition plans/goals for new credit accounts and new Loyallist program enrollments by day, month, and event.
• Partner with American Express, Macy’s Credit & Customer Service (MCCS), and Selling Effectiveness teams to develop Loyallist acquisition and credit strategies in each channel (department store, outlets, online).
• Create and execute incentive programs to engage organization in opening new credit accounts and enrolling more customers in the Loyallist program.
• Handle questions from stores and corporate teams in credit and acquisition strategies.
• Report acquisition performance by location, region, and channel. Identify and share patterns in new account and new enrollee customer behaviors. Identify and manage data issues and reporting discrepancies across various reporting sources.
• Partner with Selling Effectiveness team and store teams to develop strategies to engage newly acquired customers. Metrics of focus include second purchase rate, average spend, and clienteling metrics.
• Work with Education, Communications, and Credit Customer Service departments, along with store leadership teams, to ensure stores have support and knowledge necessary for success with credit and enrollment strategies.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the key business drivers related to Loyallist, and the program’s role in driving sales.
• Work with store teams and MCCS to manage fulfillment of program brochures and credit applications to each location.
• Work with MCCS, Creative, and Site teams to develop gift card assortment in-store and online. Manage gift card inventory, report on gift card performance, partner with MCCS on third party gift card locations, and field questions from stores on gift card tracking.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in marketing, retail marketing or marketing related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop and decipher instructional documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Develop and execute plans and strategies quickly, capitalizing on momentum and incremental progress.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to resolve issues and present findings.
• Ability to summarize and present complex findings in a clear, concise and timely manner.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong Excel skills; proficiency with Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational and presentation skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask multiple priorities or projects at any given time.
• Ability to build authentic, respectful, trusting relationships that fuel and support accomplishment of team and individual goals.
• Collaborator who openly invites questions and challenges as a catalyst for improved outcomes.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.