Posted Dec 20, 2018
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Merchant Ofc
Corporate » Marketing
Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Bloomingdale’s marketing team, you’ll own, guide, and create a marketing experience like no other. You’ll innovate, drive customer engagement and own the Bloomingdale’s brand. As part of our creative team, you’ll bring our iconic brand to life. From copywriting to graphic design - Bloomingdale’s is your destination for amazing opportunities.
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a creative source of energy in their lives. The Production Designer will contribute to our in-house design team by utilizing outstanding creative design skills on multiple design projects. Our ideal candidate is proactive, curious, and willing to roll up their sleeves to pitch in and get the job done. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Attend all catalog turn-ins for Catalog and create road map with attention to detail to styling notes, ad sizes etc.; communicate with art directors on any additional feedback that needs to be incorporated in the shoot charts.
• After the catalog is designed, prep documents for pre-press:
- extend bleed on images
- replace FPO’s with high-res images
- check folio’s, spacing of design elements, borders, type legibility, tracking etc.
- ragging of copy after copy changes
- make minor copy changes if necessary
- alert Art Director to design change requests
- alert pre-press to art issues
• Prepare for film and copy by helping Art Director with printouts and mock books for all presentations
• Create vendor pdfs after film and copy
• Create and execute various direct mail campaigns
• Submit files and mark-ups for retouching to pre-press; follow up and review all stages of proofing for high standard in photo reproduction for Catalog
• Trouble shoot and communicate issues pertaining to vendor approval and/or changes post catalog review
• Quality control of design, printing, creation of mechanicals, prepress and file release on a timely manner
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• 4 year college degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in design production
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret documents and reports
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to manage workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Ability to balance competing priorities.
• Strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency.
• Approach work with entrepreneurial spirit, and curiosity.
• Strong team player with willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in where needed.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.