Posted Dec 31, 2018
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Merchant Ofc
Technology » Business Analyst
Love digging into the numbers? Do you enjoy uncovering trends and discovering the math behind them? Our business analysis team has an impact on every aspect of Bloomingdales. As an analyst you’ll provide insights and actionable recommendations that increase efficiency, productivity and business results.
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing business needs and implementing solutions to support various technology related business initiatives. They will be required to meet with the Bloomingdale’s user community to determine their system needs and work to provide a manual or automated solution. The Senior Systems Analyst is accountable for providing the planning, technical leadership and project coordination necessary to implement projects and resolve technical problems. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage projects related to developing and implementing new systems and procedures for enhancing business operations and information process flow based on business requests and needs
• Possess strong technical acumen with the ability to translate information and research into non-technical language as necessary to effectively communicate across teams.
• Partner with business stakeholders and work with 3rd party vendors on integrating new technology hardware and software solutions.
• Research, recommend, and install new technology applicable to the retail environment. Our stores often present a technology request or issue that this position will need to formulate the best approach to offer solutions
• Developing end user documentation/manuals.
• Perform end to end system testing – similar to the SDLC methodology.
• Cross training and support in mobile technology applications, Windows 10 OS, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, video conferencing, wireless networking and hardware management.
• Assist in writing and updating technology-based policy and procedures.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• 4 year college degree, preferably a major in Computer Science/Information Systems and minor in Business Administration.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in I.T. related position.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Familiarity with MDM and Risk Assessment processes a plus.
• Experience leading collaborative, decision-making working sessions.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret technical documents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic and high level business math functions.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to balance competing priorities.
• Strong follow–up skills and sense of urgency.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Ability to travel as needed
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.