Posted Nov 27, 2018
New York, NY
Bloomingdale's - Merchant Ofc
Corporate » Professional Services
If you are detail-oriented, possess solid project management and analytic skills, passion for retail, and enjoy a team-based culture – Bloomingdale’s Professional Services Team is a perfect fit for you. You’ll make significant contributions across the enterprise while taking on new challenges every day.
Through our carefully curated selection of merchandise, we guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. One of the ways we achieve this is by offering our customers an exceptional in-store shopping experience. The Staffing Specialist supports the development and implementation of staff schedules for all stores sales and support associates. In this role, you will help optimize staffing in each of our stores to ensure we continually meet our customers’ needs. Our ideal candidate is highly organized and analytical, has an extreme attention to detail, works efficiently under time constraints, and is an exceptional team player. Perform other duties as assigned
• Input schedule requests, edit, and release schedules on a weekly basis
• Balance scheduled hours in each store to reduce expense exposure
• Run weekly reports, including data for the HUR report
• Open and balance requisitions on a daily basis
• Support schedule editing process for stores with limited management teams
• Maintain ongoing communication with senior store leadership team and sales managers
• Conduct store visits to facilitate staff training on scheduling system and address system concerns
• Organize and facilitate weekly update meetings
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• 4-year college degree required.
• Prior retail and computerized scheduling experience is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Ability to manage workflow independently and effectively with minimal direction
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.