Posted Feb 22, 2019
Bloomingdale's - Aventura
Stores » Retail Sales
If you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor.
As a Stylist at Bloomingdale’s, your primary objective is to help customers build their personal style. You will work both by appointment and with walk-in customers, and must move with flexibility from customer to customer to maximize his/her spend. When not with appointments or walk-ins, you will be connecting with and assisting unattended customers on the floor. Our Stylists invest time to develop a clientele and drive business through repeat visits. You will sell with confidence throughout the store, and offer a level of service that makes the customer experience easy and personal, motivating repeat visits. Perform other duties as assigned.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
FUELED BY THE POWER OF RELATIONSHIPS
• Exemplifies Bloomingdale’s selling and service expectations by proactively connecting with customers and asking questions to determine his/her needs and wants
• Demonstrates the agility and flexibility in managing customer interactions for both pre-booked appointments and walk- in customers
• Develops high volume, long term relationships through genuine connection and interaction, to drive incremental business
• Puts customers quickly at ease; instantly connects with customers to build comfort and trust
• Actively uses b-connected client book to follow-up with customers and cultivate referrals
DRIVEN BY OUR DESIRE TO WIN
• Is an expert on product and style, and sells with a confident fashion voice
• Stays engaged and up-to-date on latest styling and fashion trends in order to connect our product with our customer; a pacesetter in pop culture and trends
• Actively uses styling and selling technology to deliver the customer experience and drive sales
• Promotes the Bloomingdale’s Loyallist Credit Card as the best way to shop at Bloomingdale’s.
COMMITTED TO A CULTURE OF COLLABORATION
• Maintains positive working relationships throughout the store
• Collaborates with other associates and managers to provide the best customer experience
• Takes pride in store presentation and ensuring every inch of the sales floor, from the fitting room to the register, is always “customer-ready”
• Takes a leadership role in the fashion and style education of sellers in the store. Is a source of knowledge and information and a resource for support in improving selling and service skills
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
• Able to easily engage in conversation.
• Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
• Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
• Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
• Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
• Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change
• Able to use a calculator.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
• Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
• Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.