Be on the front lines of a store like no other as part of our store management team: you’ll lead, manage and inspire a diverse and creative team in executing in-store success. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, our store management team is a fast track to career success.
The Trade Area Manager of Asset Protection manages all Asset Protection programs/personnel for assigned store/market. They provide support for the overall business plan, shortage reduction and safety programs as well as all controllable losses. Position reports directly to location GM and has dotted line responsibility to Trade Area VP. Also has functional responsibility to Central Asset Protection.
Leadership and Development
- Responsible for directing the overall asset protection effort and shortage reduction programs within their assigned store/Trade Area in concert with the APMs in each store
- Work with Central to the develop asset protection programs. Provide direction and leadership in roll out of new programs and initiatives.
- Work with Central to build, maintain, and enhance the credibility of AP
- Able to influence change to deliver results and support organizational goals
- Stand behind decisions and take risks with ideas, programs and people and stand behind that point of view with fact and expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze situations, provide direction, communicate expectations and coach to achieve desired result
- Train and manage AP Executives/Staff in store/Trade Area to achieve competency in all areas of asset protection.
- Set and enforce the policies and standards of AP/company
- Evaluate the performance of all AP executives/staff in store/Trade Area.
- Drive results by setting challenging/realistic goals/objectives for APMS/staff
- Develop open lines of communication at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen and accept the opinion of others
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with others in mutual problem solving
- Drives performance through business relationships both within/outside the organization.
- Partner with TAVP/GM to support initiatives that drive sales, improve service scores and overall standards
- Analyze shortage results for store/Trade Area and formulate reduction plans that are sitespecific, actionable and measurable
- Manage and maintain the physical security controls and systems in all assigned locations ( Systems include CCTV, MPS, Alarms, and EAS systems)
- Work with Central Asset Protection to perform Internal/External investigations targeting theft/fraud activities
- Ensure store audit program impacts operational efficiencies and reduces shortage exposure
- Responsible for maintaining/adhering to payroll, expense requirements, and forecast needs
- Facilitate associate driven teams aimed at improving safety efforts and that drive safe work practices.
- Direct awareness programs to elevate associate participation in asset protection efforts.
• Bachelors Degree Preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and creativity.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly organized
• Strong multi-tasking & problem solving ability
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
• Be able to work as a team player across different functions & departments
• Strong computer skills; high level of expertise in Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.