If you are detail-oriented, possess solid project management and analytic skills, passion for retail, and enjoy a team-based culture – Bloomingdale’s Professional Services Team is a perfect fit for you. You’ll make significant contributions across the enterprise while taking on new challenges every day.
Bloomingdale’s VP of Communication will be responsible for creating and executing the internal communications and recognition strategy across both our Stores and Central organization. The Vice President will craft and deliver creative, relevant messaging to build a more united, collaborative and engaged workforce. In partnership with the various business teams, the VP of Communication will ensure the internal communications strategy builds the power of the Bloomingdale’s brand internally and creates alignment with our organization’s Mission, Values and business strategy—always with our unique POV and attitude.
- Gain strong understanding of Bloomingdale’s culture, brand strategy and strategic business initiatives as the foundation for the communications strategy.
- Manage Communication Team, including 2 Managers who oversee Store Communications and Central Communications and Recognition.
- Develop the strategy to clearly and frequently communicate key business initiatives to inform, align and energize our teams regardless of location. This includes, but is not limited to, internal publications such as newsletters, releases, emails, as well as online, intranet, and video projects.
- Work collaboratively with various functions across the organization to create a communication calendar that structures the flow of communication to reflect the business needs of the company and builds culture through the sharing of stories.
- Standardize and increase efficiency of our current communication practices by providing more structure and identifying the best vehicles for each audience.
- Lead efforts in conjunction with our Technology team to ensure appropriate communication tools are available and appropriately leveraged.
- Work to develop and implement a consistent voice and tone for leadership communications. Manage the internal “Brand of the CEO:” developing programming and communication series to increase accessibility of the CEO to the broader organization
- Establish Internal Communications Scorecard to track metrics that measure the impact of internal communications activities.
- Execute and evolve our recognition programming to authentically celebrate teams and individuals
- Design and implement key events: Central Address, Seasonal Recognition, Best of the Best, Town Halls
- Partner with Macy’s Inc. Communications Team to align on global enterprise initiatives and messaging, as well as issue/crisis communication.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is require
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree preferred
- Previous internal communications experience
- Experience leading teams
Superior oral and written communication skills
Possesses the ability to present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner.
"Team player" attitude and demeanor
Ability to maintain confidential information in a professional and discrete manner
This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
Driven by the Power of Relationships: A collaborative relationship builder who acts as a connector and influencer to promote dialogue that garners buy-in across various functions and teams
Creative, Entrepreneurial Executor: A person who is excited by the opportunity to build a communication strategy from the ground up and test new vehicles/formats that engage our organization. Someone who embraces the autonomy of leading a team.
Balance Creativity and Commerce: A person who is comfortable learning both the business strategy and our brand.
Maturity, Discretion and Presence: A professional who operates with the utmost discretion with exposure to senior leadership and sensitive information.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.