Use innovative technology and dive deep into analytics as you exercise your investigative skills on our asset protection team. With leadership committed to developing teams and building leaders, you’ll have great opportunities to grow and develop your career.
As a Visual Security Officer, you will be an integral part of Bloomingdale's ability to maintain our high level of service and safety. You will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule including weekends. Your individual responsibilities will include deterring theft via visual observation as well as maintaining a safe business environment.
All hourly associates are eligible to receive a quarterly bonus incentive, colleague discounts and the opportunity to be a part of an iconic brand. Certain criteria must be met to receive the quarterly bonus incentive.
- Visually monitor customer traffic entering and exiting the store
- Communicate suspicious activity to Asset Protection/Security
- Complete all Security training requirements and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Prior retail security experience preferred but not required
- Ability to adapt to possible stressful and hostile situations
- Ability to interact with customers positively and in a friendly and accommodating manner
- Comfortable in using a PC, and open to learning new systems and applications
- High School degree or equivalent and/or related Criminal Justice/Administration of Justice preferred
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.